Most things in Isreal lead you back to the Middle East conflict. As I said in a post earlier before, it gets harder to build up a substantial and educated opinion the deeper you get into the situation on the ground. Even as someone, who has studies the Middle East conflict for years, I have to admit this. The more I talked to people, the more I understand that there are different stories to tell, different perspectives to recognise and fates to consider. In this conflict there is no right nor wrong, no good nor bad. More essential than blaming one side or the other, is it to find concrete solutions for peace in the region. The consequence of expanded settlements in the Westbank and the wall cutting off the lifeline of the Palestinian people is an unemployed frustrated youth willing to uprise against Israel soon. On the other hand Israel needs to be certain that an independent Palestinian state is not just the first steep of an Arabic attempt to reconquer the whole country. Concessions need to be made on both sides.
Though in the current reality the PLO doesn't seem to be ready to take over full responsibility for the Palestinian territory. Beside the internal fights between Hamas and Fatah, Israel still provides the infrastructure for the Westbank and controls the boarders to Jordan. However this can only be changed, if Israel is willing to assign consequences to the Palestinian authorities. Israel and Palestine have to much to offer to get wasted in conflict!

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen