Samstag, 23. Juni 2012

No 1 - Some California vibe in the Middle East

Day one of our trip to Israel and I have to say I've never been to a country as boing hit as it is here. But one after another.
This day started quite early. We started around 4am from the house (yes around not exactly for the accurate Germans around us;) Nevertheless we made it perfectly on time to the airpor. First flight from Frankfurt to Vienna was so random that I already forgot about it. Oh wait, there was I guy chundering all the time. Ok I forgot about it. From Vienna on we got upgraded to Business Class. Pretty nice move from Austrian Airlines. I acknowledged it by trying the variety of their vino blanco. Landing in Israel was like: wow I am in Israel! Right so first thing happened we got double checked by security. All the smiling and little flirting with the lady at the boarder control was obviously enough. Anyways the stamps in my passport the led us through. We grabbed a taxi as public transport isn't running on Shabbat in Israel. So this funny dude, who immigrated from Georgia (not the one in the US you smart butt) 30 years ago gave us a ride to the city center. So here we are know. The sun is burning, the city seems a bit sleazy in some corners, but there is a certain vibe that make you feel being in a special place. Everyone looks totally different, people seem to come from all over the world to live here. But they are connected by the Hebrew language and the Jewish culture. And this culture seems to be fairly liberal. The whole place gives me a laid back impression. No tension or something is perceivable at all. People hang around on the beach to sport and let life be life. I'm really surprised by this relaxed atmosphere, but I like it. So we were hang out on the beach for quite a while. Later the evening we went out to explore some of Tel Avics famous nightlife. We made it to a really cool jazz bar and an English style pub. Great atmosphere, but we we were both too tiered after this day to stay out Berlin-style. However watching the football game with Israelis was a pretty nice experience. Talking about jazz. Tomorrow I'm planing on meeting with my buddy Jon, a guy from Tel Aviv I meet last year in NY! He is a pretty good jazz musician and is giving a show tomorrow. For now, I'm pretty tiered, it's late now, and I m looking forward to the day ahead of! Tel Aviv keep on being nice to me! Over and out
Btw sorry for spelling and grammar. I'm just to damn tiered to read through it again!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen